Friday, May 29, 2009

MASUM 2009 - UM Squash Team

It was an exciting week in UUM for MASUM (Majlis Sukan University Malaysia) 2009. Ponteng 1 week class to join the um team for the men squash team event. I'm in specialized surgery posting for this week (neuro, plastic and paed surgery), anyway it's over d, hopefully doesnt affect much lar. This was a great opportunity and experience to go out and join the atlets from other Unis. I'm stepping into final year already, this would be the last chance to paint more colours in my Uni life.

I'm not the greatest squash player in UM, but few of the players were not managed to go, so Ronie and I were recruited to UUM, Kedah to fight for UM. Changlun, a place full of memory, a place where I took my pre-U course (Matriculation) 4 years ago, had changed alot. There is a new shophouses and huge supermarket, which was not exist during my time here. Anyway, it's good to come back here after many years.

UM squash team, which had 2 superb players (Fizul & Asraf), managed to get into semifinal in the tournament. However, we lost to UPM in semifinal with 2-3. It was a tough game, where I as the 5th player, was under great pressure to play the deciding game. The guy from UPM was very good (at least to me), I lost the first game, and beat him back on 2nd game, then he grabbed back the 3rd game, then i managed to win the 4th game to make it 2-2, and sadly on 5th game, I lost to him with 2 points. Just 2 points that we needed to enter Final. Anyway it was a great match. My thigh muscle is still painful after many days now. We beat UIAM and got 3rd at last.

Squash complex with 4 courts outside UUM campus

Hooray for um team!

With coach after receiving the medals

Relax la..

With UiTM team (champion)

Closing ceremony in Dewan MAS UUM

Squash team during closing ceremony on the stage

with manager Chia

Changlun new shopping mall

Time for lunch in Mas cafe

2 comments: