Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Starting my 2 months elective

STILL, many ppl dun understand our system, maybe we are the 1st batch to go thru the new syllabus as guinea pig :p

Ppl always ask,"what year are u now? last year?"

I think 4th year and 5th year is kinda overlap little bit. In the new program of 4th year, we are divided into 3 big groups, rotating between:

1. 4 minor postings (A&E,ENT,EYE,ANAES) - 8 weeks
2. Elective - 8 weeks
3. PCM & O&G - 8 weeks

After that will continue with 5 major postings - Paeds, Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedic, PCM & O&G. This will continue till 2010, ending with my MBBS Final exam.

I have gone thru 4 minor postings, and all of them are cool! They are relatively more relaxing lar compared to major postings. Now stepping on elective period lor.

Basically now is holiday for me..hehe! For this 3 weeks i gonna do research in UH about psoriatic arthritis, together with chen yit. On the 4th week, I will go Taiwan for a month lor! Gonna do attachment at Tzu Chi Hospital in Hwa Lian, Taiwan.

Tomorrow I'm gonna back to KL to do the study lor, but i believe most of the time is still free..wondering what to do leh? coz i only need to present at the dermatology clinic for tues and fri morning. Btw, my topic is about the incidence of psoriatic arthritis among psoriatic patient in dermato clinic.

No comments: