Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hiking in Penang

Yesterday i went to hiking in my hometown Penang island's mountain. I used to followed my parents to hike in saturdays. So when i back to home i always bring my sport shoes for hiking. I think there is a bit special about penang hiking places.

In penang there are many routes to hike and they are crossed and connected to each other, so one can have varity of choices as each path has its own characteristics. Some are steeper, some are cooler with more trees, some are easier but longer, and some are fast but challenging! so u may choose according to ur taste.

The very steep, long and continuous staircase at the botanical garden (inside)

Secondly there are many rest stations in betweem or at the end of the path. Many of them have nice view of scenery, and there are coffee, tea, biscuits and sometimes even fried mihun provided. All food and drinks are free, and one can make donation at the box. Many ppl hike in the weekends, and my parents make many new friends there, this is a good and healthy way of widening the social relationship.

This is the time when my SE walkman phone plays a vital role!

Popular paths to start point include Moongate, inside youth park and botanical garden(inside and beside). They can reach many rest stations such as:

No.3 - coffee, tea, biscuits, fried mihun
No.5 - coffee, tea, biscuits, gym equipments by MPPP
No.38 - coffee, tea
No. 46 - coffee, tea, platform for taichi
84 - coffee, tea, biscuits
Penang hill - many stalls, got one ais-kacang best (cheaper for hiking ppl)

Getting tired sooner than b4 when hiking ystdy, looks like i need more exercise to train back my stamina, now keep eating too much at home and supper in college d :)

1 comment:

진릉 said...

I used to been here after returning from India during vacations. It's a nice place for hiking, but with correct timing. Early mornings (between 7-9am) and evnings (between 4-6pm) are the most popular timing as it's not hot and not dark.
My stamina was no good, so I hiked up to level 3 and stopped there for a while. My elder brother's stamina was even worse--he almost fainted before level 3.