Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some of my 'creative' photos published in The Star Newspaper

I forgot since when I started to have the feel to submit some 'creative' photos to The Star for the thumbnail competition. Why? simply because the winner can get RM50! Taking note of some interesting stuffs around me is my special skill. (not to say i'm ke poh lar :p)

Each day 5 photos will be selected and one of it will be the winner. It isnt that difficult to get your photo selected, coz I submitted 4 photos so far, and 3 of them were published! But sadly.. none of them was the winner :(

This is my first published photo which was taken when I was in Klang doing practical (around early 2008). My friends and I were on the way to Kuala Selangor to see the 'kelip-kelip' and eat seafood. The car was hanging there after an accident. Since I was holding a camera (prepared for the kelip-kelip), I zoomed and snapped the picture. I am lazy to find back the link from The Star coz it was so loong already..

There was another photo submitted after this, but it was a bit sensored because it involved bugs doing something sensitive. I think that's the main reason it was not selected. I couldn't find it in my laptop to share it here. But I think it is the most difficult shot to take among the four. I will post it when i found it :)

Second published picture (5/2/2009). I was in the bus no.12 heading towards University Hospital when the bus engine started to burn. We ran down after shouting from the driver. It was lucky that all passengers were safe in the event.

Third published picture (23/2/2009). This was taken during the visit to Batu Caves with my friends. We saw a cute scene when walking back, where the pigeons were avoiding the burning sunlight by staying cool along the shadow of a huge tiang.

Submitting a photo isn't that difficult. Just go to the thumbnail section:
(http://thumbnails.thestar.com.my) and click submit. Upload the picture, give a title and brief description. Fill up your particulars, and wait for your RM50!

6 comments:

[SK] said...

you just can't expect those situations in your life, it's just great to snap them down.. keep up submitting those photos, am sure one day you will be the winner..

kyan said...

man, the pigeon is the funniest among all. I love that!!!
Did u get ur Rm 50 with that one?

Anonymous said...

the 1st pic only can be see in malaysia,i guess..^^

thomas said...

o,d 1st pic,wow....haha...

Chuan Huan said...

haha, i also wonder why they leave the car hanging there :p

Chris said...

oh? really that easy to get the RM50? No kidding?